Monday 26 March 2012

Bitter Sweet..

This past weekend found us in Camrose, AB for the spring BRCA dog show. The very last show for the puppets as puppies. 
My baby dogs did me proud yet again with some very nice wins against some very nice dogs, but with the first birthday coming up the baby part is almost over. 
The puppets are, if nothing else a very exuberant bunch and one day I hope to channel all their energy in a direction of "my" choice!! I have to say I love their "OMG I am so happy to be here!" attitude even if it means the show ring to them is like a NASCAR track!  All in all they did good and my absolute highlight of the weekend was my first home bred Champion...  Ch Adelyn First Star I See Tonite ~ Wish! 
There is a great deal of credit to be given to all the people who have helped me on this Aussie journey.. My intention is not to make this like an acceptance speech at the Oscars, but to rather say thank you again to my extended dog show family. Without you all and your continued support and encouragement I would not have continued in this direction. 
My website has a "Who we are" page that gives thanks to Cathy Bishop, Debbie Markowski and Trudy Taphorn for a great beginning to the breed. Along the way my Aussie adventure has provided me with many more folks I am proud to call my friends. People who have years of experience and knowledge that are never afraid to share. For newbies like myself all that information is so invaluable and appreciated. So... Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to care! 

Here are some weekend results from my Aussie collective...

BRCA ~ Camrose, AB

Mar 26 2012
 March 23, 2012 ~ Judge Terry Gains
  • Adelyn First In Line ~ Cash WD BOW (3 pts)
  • Adelyn First Star I See Tonite ~ Wish WB (2 Pts)
  • Adelyn On First Base ~ Tag RWD

March 24, 2012 ~ Judge Francisco Chapa Guajarda (Dr)
  • Adelyn On First Base ~ Tag RWD
  • Adelyn First Star I See Tonite ~ Wish RWB

March 25, 2012 ~ Judge Chan Weng Woh
  • Adelyn First Star I See Tonite ~ Wish WB BOW (3 pts) New Champion
  • Adelyn On First Base ~ Tag WD (2Pts)

1 comment:

  1. Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Australian Shepherd Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Aussie Owners, Breeders, Trainers, Rescues and Lovers.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website...
    You can also add Photos, Videos, Rescues and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Australian Shepherd Community: http://www.vorts.com/australian_shepherds/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete